Friday, April 6, 2007

You'd Rather See Me In The Pen Than Me And Lorenzo Rollin' In A Benzo



- Just exactly who are those Avett Brothers you may or not have been hearing about? Well open your ears Kentucky friends because their strolling through your neck of the woods.

- Last wednesday while walking through Washington Square Park I saw Mr. Don Flemmings [from the Carolina Chocolate Drops] playing with Roots and Ruckus wild man Feral Foster they were rocking out an old Ragtime Texas song. Here's a nice write up on the drops.

- Tell Automatic Slim and Razor Toting Jim that this Minx can ball it out! Check out Ms. Thang herself, Queen of the blues Koko Taylor, who is always on the grind and coming to your town [yeah! New York tonight!].

- Mr. Burnside meet the art of blogging.

- Is Country Music dead? Uh, you tell me CMT you're the cats with the hammer and nails.

- If I had a hundred bucks, a bunch of time I'd be celebrating Mr. Ralph Stanley's birthday in style. But I don't and I don't and chances are they won't cater to us vegans, so I can't.

EMAIL ME @ brownbirdrudyrelic (a) gmail.com
or

1 comment:

Darren Deicide said...

Koko's got a new album of originals AND started a new label...at the age of 79 after a near-death surgery! That's livin blues!