Monday, April 9, 2007

The Muddle


- For all the self-absorbed self-righteous blues rhetoric that I ramble about to myself in front of the mirror away from civilivilation about 'blues tourism' and the like. Oh. What I wouldn't do to be here on April 14th.

- Country Outlaw Troubadour Billie Joe Shaver: One bad som-bitch.

- Indie folk-punk songster Paleo has spent the last year on the road with a mission. Write and record a song every day for a year. Any good? You be the judge.

- In the hurried frantic scurry that is blogging this article may be a bit late but good nonetheless. Find out why Conneticut's Blues Blaster Orb Mellon is tip-top notch and Eric Clapton sucks! I play with this cat often [he's helping me learn to tune a guitar with only one working ear...] - Hell, you know you've made the big time when you get listed at places like this. [check out 5/9].

- If you've played with some of the rowdy bluegrass jukers that I've played with then you know that while the players themselves may not be too honest, the music ethos always is.

- Oh. And big ups to my pal Meesh [from Freeze Peach Cafe] for shouting out a fellow Astorian and neighbor.


Any tips?
Email me @ brownbirdrudyrelic(a)gmail.com
or

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I ordered a copy of the Paleo CD from his site, and with it, he sends a sort of "best of" of the song diary, which I have to say, I think I like even more than the "real" CD. Fave diary song: "In the Morning, Linda Dies."