Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Mister Buster Where You At?


- To a cat like me there's nothing hotter than a big girl, yes siree indeed. Obviously, Chitlin Circuit soul blues extrordinaire Bigg Joe and I think alike. Check out the press release for his new CD.

- Nominees and Winners of Blue's Foundation Annual Blues Music Awards makes it seem as though there's little more than a round robin of the same artists winning the same awards every year. If that's your coffee cup then they're airing on BET J in April & May. If you ask me, it's time for the new cats to take over.

- Wow! Anybody can now be a bluesman with these easy steps!

- Orb Mellon is one bad blues blaster. Check out his review in Blues in Britain Magazine if you don't believe me. Or this review that I wrote back before I turned a perfectly good roots music blog into an exercise in depression.

- Bee Gee Barry Gibb purchases Johnny Cash's home only to burn it to the ground. Okay. Okay. So that's not entirely true.

- Loquacious & Limber: Brooklyn's Banjo Rabble Rouser Al Duvall will be strutting his stuff and shaking things down at the Parkside Lounge tonight! I suggest you catch this man and his four piece orchestra!
Shows? Tips? Reviews?
Email me @ brownbirdrudyrelic(a)gmail.com
or

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sure, Breakin' is good, but it's no Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo.