Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I Make A Phone Call My Homies Coming Like The Gotti Boys


- More than likely if you're like me, you do your day job as a means to support whatever creativity that moves you. So. Chances are even if you wished upon a star or got the last golden ticket from the wonka bar you wouldn't be able to make the 2oth Annual Merlefest even if you could. Turn that frown upside down! Word around the campfire is that you can stream it here.

- When you're a fucking musical genius like Charley Patton, chances are you run around with a bunch of other blues giants. See for yourself.

- While this movie didn't necessarily change my life [this one did] it did introduce me to country blues giant at an early age and set the stage for whatever it is that you calll this that I do musically. I found this recent review. I find it quite odd that this movie has come up quite a bit as of late, my gal even digs the movie. Can you say Ralphalution!

- Help me count the ways! Is this the reason I like country music or is this the reason? So many choices. So little time. Actually, I think it might be because of this.

- Loved by many, hated by others, Folk Punk purveyor, indie label impresario Mr. Erik Peterson [Mishief Brew] is an intergal part of the movement. He's constantly on the move, tearing things up and keeping extremely busy. If you're in the area you Philly you should definately have a gander at this.

- This bluegrass tune came straight outta Compton. You are now about to witness the strength of Appalachian knowledge.


Roots Music? Country Blues? Brooklyn Country? Folk Punk? Bluegrass? Lionel Ritchie?
Email me @ brownbirdrudyrelic(a)gmail.com
or

No comments: