Monday, April 16, 2007

Two Trailer Park Girls Go Round The Outside



- 1540 Brewster Avenue in Cincinatti was home to one of the most underated vintage labels Rhythm and Blues [No not R. has ever known. Now the King [Records] may get it's due. Man, that Hank Ballard Stuff is tip top notch!

- Pack your bags brownbird, you gotta get here!

- When it comes to [original] pre-war blues, I'm easy to please. So when I see things like this I get a little wet. Yeah. I start to cry a bit. Get your mind out of the gutter...

- You know Real Country Music is in a bad place when you find things like this on the internet. Maybe Kleenex should sponsor this blog because when shit like this is more important than the art of music it's time to get a paddle because I'm crying a river.

- A case of the Mondays? Then I suggest you get on down to Union Pool tonight to catch Brooklyns finest Whackabilly band do what it is that they do best; tear shit up and make you want to dance until your heels hurt. Yes, ladies and Gentlemen: The Defibulators. Check out this piece I wrote about them at my old "started-out-a-roots-blog-ended-up-a-depression-blog" aptly entitled: Tangled in the Roots.


Tips? Shows? CDs? Hugs?
Email me @ brownbirdrudyrelic(a)gmail.com
or

No comments: