Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I Was Strapped With Gats When You Were Cuddling A Cabbage Patch


- I like lists. I compile them in my head daily. It is fun. I am a robot. Though Mississppi John Hurt is long gone, he's still a force to be reckoned with.

- You take a legend, a musical genius, a blues founding father [in this case, Mr. "St Louis Blues" himself WC Handy] and you honor him by naming a prestigious blue award after him. Then you take it away from him for no viable reason.

- Flip through any blues publication and aside from the usual fare and scare served up you will more than likely find quite a rabble and rouse about this man. Watermelon Slim and The Workers, have a new album out and they're tearing things up with Magic Slim.

- I love the DIY [Do it Yourself] mentality is something that I cherish, endorse and practice [especially when it comes to music]. Check out this article about such independence in country music.

- If you're looking for a bit of Hot Damn Tonight, then might i suggest Bombastic Brooklyn Juggernauts themselves The Jug Addicts. They will be more than likely blowing a hole in the Rodeo Bar tonight and you should be there to get your share of Yes Siree!
CDs? Shows? Roots Tips? Frosted Tips? Vegan Cupcakes?
Email Me @ brownbirdrudyrelic(a)gmail.com
or
Message Me Here Dig?

1 comment:

Art said...

Thanks for mentioning John Hurt. He was truly one of the greats!

I wasn't aware of your blog but I'll be checking it out in the future.

peace