Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Things Just Ain't The Same For Ganstas


- The staff here at Rootscene [being namely, uh, me] would like to thank the Hillybilly Savant Blog for giving our review of the stupendous Creech Holler record With Signs Following a link and repost. Okay, enough self congratulatory back patting, we now return to your regularly scheduled blogging.

- Old school Country Music Hall Famer Charlie Louvin is 79 years old, still touring like a madman a third his age, still releasing records and still full of insight and spunk. He's playing tonight in Tuscon at the Nimbus Brewing Company. Check out this quote "I would shoot a man that put Pro Tools on me. I can sing on pitch with the instruments, and I don’t need a Pro Tools." Can I get a what-what!

- As a general rule, the music industry and it's various awards shows rarely, if ever, recogognize genuine music or it's various movements; it's a nature of the beast. Ladies and gentlmen this is no exception and this is sure as hell no exception.

- In Brownbird News. I will be on a 4 day show stint of sorts starting Thursday April 19th, so the blogging may or may not be hindered by this turn of events. Thurday will find me in Cambridge, MA opening for the Spooky Rootsy Blues powerhouse [that gal can sing, wooo!] Scotch Hollow. Friday I will be playing the School of International Training in Brattleboro Vermont of all places [I know wierd] followed by a show in New London Conneticut [playing what may be the Liz Larsons final show] and finally ending up in State College, Pennsylvania on Sunday. I'm looking forward to Sunday with a great deal of excitment. I've been invited to Play and Sing on the forthcoming Wilcox Hotel Record. This will be our first reunion since our Mexico Tour, somebody call Oprah! You should check out Wilcox's Jason De Leon's blog whenever you get a chance, it's super funny and cheers me up when I'm having a bad day.

- Want to Guest Blog when I'm tour? Want to Contribute to the blog in some sort or fashion? Do you like breakdancing? Do you like long walks on the beach? Then hit me up homie!


Shows? Roots Tips? Ideas? Want to do the Cabbage Patch?
Email me @ brownbirdrudyrelic(a)gmail.com
or

No comments: